Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Any Ladies Here Have Trouble Wearing Heels?
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Shoot The Breeze
diane26
I have a lot of trouble wearing them but I am a shoe person and there is just so many damn cute heels please if you have probs give me some advise so I can wear them longer than 5 minutes without my feet feeling like I am walking through hot coals. sad.gif
ontippytoes
Sorry, can't help you on this one. I LOVE heels and wear them almost every day.
diane26
QUOTE(ontippytoes @ Feb 21 2006, 11:25 AM)
Sorry, can't help you on this one.  I LOVE heels and wear them almost every day.

My Teacher last quarter said I might be flat footed which would cause probs when wearing them which would explain why my feet always hurt too when ice skating and walking a lot or ont he eliptical machine.

I want to wear them so bad:(
ontippytoes
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 21 2006, 02:27 PM)
My Teacher last quarter said I might be flat footed which would cause probs when wearing them which would explain why my feet always hurt too when ice skating and walking a lot or ont he eliptical machine.

I want to wear them so bad:(

That would make sense.

My problem is that I have very small feet and they don't make heels in my size so I have to go up a size, then I end up walking outta the damn things.
diane26
QUOTE(ontippytoes @ Feb 21 2006, 11:28 AM)
That would make sense.

My problem is that I have very small feet and they don't make heels in my size so I have to go up a size, then I end up walking outta the damn things.

What size are you??? I am a 6 1/2 ~~7
ontippytoes
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 21 2006, 02:32 PM)
What size are you??? I am a 6 1/2 ~~7

size 4....
Gnappster
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 21 2006, 12:15 PM)
I have a lot of trouble wearing them but I am a shoe person and there is just so many damn cute heels please if you have probs give me some advise so I can wear them longer than 5 minutes without my feet feeling like I am walking through hot coals. sad.gif

ask puppet
diane26
QUOTE(ontippytoes @ Feb 21 2006, 11:34 AM)
size 4....

DAmn you do got some small feet. blink.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 21 2006, 12:39 PM)
DAmn you do got some small feet. blink.gif

Do you know what they say about ladies with small feet?
diane26
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 21 2006, 11:43 AM)

coz.gif nah.gif

Tippy I am on my way back to class check your 411 be back in a while. Adios mi amigos.
closeup
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 21 2006, 02:43 PM)

Gnappy, I thought you gave up heels the same week you stopped wearing pantyhose. BTW, What do they say about women with small feet?
Gnappster
QUOTE(closeup @ Feb 21 2006, 03:59 PM)
Gnappy, I thought you gave up heels the same week you stopped wearing pantyhose.  BTW, What do they say about women with small feet?

I dunno what they say, that's why I was asking the question, dumbass! nah.gif
hott1976
i love heels..i only get to wear them every so often. i'm in sneakers everyday all day!
diane26
QUOTE(hott1976 @ Feb 21 2006, 04:54 PM)
i love heels..i only get to wear them every so often.  i'm in sneakers everyday all day!

So am I or I can wear like the sketchers chunky heels but no luck with heel heels yet:(
ontippytoes
I've loved heels since I was a little girl. I always put on my mom's and my grandma's and paraded around the house.
chi619
I'd never been interested in wearing heels until recently, and I have an awful time wearing them, too. I like the chunky ones best, since I don't wobble on them so much, lol. And I'm not good in anything higher than 2.5 inches. And I can't wear them for more than a couple hrs either, but it definitely takes practice. BUT... i've got a nice pair of skinny 3-inch heels that feel *really* good now, but only because I bought a pair of 4-inch heels and wore them to work all day. HUGE mistake, but now the 3-inch skinny heels are a piece of cake, lol!

A friend at work *always* wears heels, and so does my best friend, and both of them say that they're just not made for long-term wear. Ever see that episode of "Friends," where Monica insisted on wearing those boots? lol! I think that's the reality... if you can sit a lot and not walk *too* far, they'll work. That's the case for me, lol.
ontippytoes
I like skinny heels. I hae one pair of chunky Mudd boots that I'll wear when I'm in an "attitude" mood. Otherwise, it's skinny all the way!
diane26
QUOTE(chi619 @ Feb 21 2006, 09:02 PM)
I'd never been interested in wearing heels until recently, and I have an awful time wearing them, too.  I like the chunky ones best, since I don't wobble on them so much, lol.  And I'm not good in anything higher than 2.5 inches.  And I can't wear them for more than a couple hrs either, but it definitely takes practice.  BUT... i've got a nice pair of skinny 3-inch heels that feel *really* good now, but only because I bought a pair of 4-inch heels and wore them to work all day.  HUGE mistake, but now the 3-inch skinny heels are a piece of cake, lol!

A friend at work *always* wears heels, and so does my best friend, and both of them say that they're just not made for long-term wear.  Ever see that episode of "Friends," where Monica insisted on wearing those boots? lol!  I think that's the reality... if you can sit a lot and not walk *too* far, they'll work.  That's the case for me, lol.

A friend said to start off on 3 inch wedgies so I got some need to start wearing them daily to get used to it maybe for a few hours a day.
chi619
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 21 2006, 10:05 PM)
A friend said to start off on 3 inch wedgies so I got some need to start wearing them daily to get used to it maybe for a few hours a day.

I love wedges...

Training heels!! tongue.gif
diane26
QUOTE(chi619 @ Feb 21 2006, 09:08 PM)
I love wedges...

Training heels!!   tongue.gif

user posted image
summoner
If you do have flat foot there isnīt much you can do...but train smile.gif a while per day smile.gif

First ones are my lovely 6" high heels and I canīt wear them over an hour, my feet hurt so bad!!

Red shoes are my favorite shoes, I just canīt wait that snow melts off and I can wear them again!

Third ones are my favorite, only 5" heels smile.gif

My feet hurt very easily because those high heel shoes are so tight...but I can wear them a while so hubby can take a pic biggrin.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 21 2006, 02:36 PM)
ask puppet

his forte is boots tongue.gif
diane26
QUOTE(summoner @ Feb 21 2006, 10:26 PM)
If you do have flat foot there isnīt much you can do...but train smile.gif a while per day smile.gif

First ones are my lovely 6" high heels and I canīt wear them over an hour, my feet hurt so bad!!

Red shoes are my favorite shoes, I just canīt wait that snow melts off and I can wear them again!

Third ones are my favorite, only 5" heels smile.gif

My feet hurt very easily because those high heel shoes are so tight...but I can wear them a while so hubby can take a pic biggrin.gif

Do you have the same problem?? Love the boots I just love so many heels and they are so sexy just got to be able to wear them ph34r.gif
Nora
I desire high heels too... and I think I in fact need them too, being only 5'2 tall... or short... wink.gif How come they always feel so perfect when I'm buying them? Right when I walk out of the shoe store, my brand new shoes seem to shrink or something tongue.gif

Not to mention the embarrasment when the heels get stuck in rubber doormats and between the pavement stones etc... yeah that's when u really feel like a dumb blonde blink.gif
Gnappster
I don't have much of a foot fetish, but I love summoner's pics in heels.
diane26
QUOTE(Nora @ Feb 22 2006, 02:20 AM)
I desire high heels too... and I think I in fact need them too, being only 5'2 tall... or short... wink.gif  How come they always feel so perfect when I'm buying them? Right when I walk out of the shoe store, my brand new shoes seem to shrink or something  tongue.gif 

Not to mention the embarrasment when the heels get stuck in rubber doormats and between the pavement stones etc...  yeah that's when u really feel like a dumb blonde  blink.gif

Oh man don't tell me about that part of it:P I am only 5 '3 I was reading this info about becoming a stripper and they were saying how 3 inch minumum cause it does wonders for how your body appears and I was like damnit I need heels.
Gnappster
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 22 2006, 11:10 AM)
Oh man don't tell me about that part of it:P I am only 5 '3 I was reading this info about becoming a stripper and they were saying how 3 inch minumum cause it does wonders for how your body appears and I was like damnit I need heels.

that 3 extra inches rules applies to male strippers as well laughing-smiley-017.gif
diane26
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 22 2006, 10:19 AM)
that 3 extra inches rules applies to male strippers as well  laughing-smiley-017.gif

laughing-smiley-014.gif
summoner
QUOTE(diane26 @ Feb 22 2006, 09:59 AM)
Do you have the same problem?? Love the boots I just love so many heels and they are so sexy just got to be able to wear them ph34r.gif

Pretty much...almost all shoes are too tight for me sad.gif But training and I can wear some for a while biggrin.gif And Iīm only 5ī10...so I really would need heels but canīt wear one smile.gif I hate walking in snow with heels so I have to wait till summer!
belicked6924
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 22 2006, 11:19 AM)
that 3 extra inches rules applies to male strippers as well  laughing-smiley-017.gif

Do you know this from watching them?
bondiguy
QUOTE(belicked6924 @ Feb 22 2006, 07:39 PM)
Do you know this from watching them?

Gnappy IS one blink.gif
belicked6924
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 22 2006, 11:13 PM)
Gnappy IS one blink.gif

I thought he was '3 inches' short smilio04.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(belicked6924 @ Feb 23 2006, 01:25 AM)
I thought he was '3 inches' short  smilio04.gif

Different strokes for different folkes
denyse
High heels force you to push the hips forward when standing/walking, so it changes the posture to something 'more attractive', hence they feel sexy.

Only way I've found to get used to wearing heels, is to just wear them each day, a bit longer each time, start out for half an hour on day one and then an hour on day two, 1.5 hours on day 3 and so on until you're comfy with the time period you want to be out and about in high heels.

5'11" here, so for the most part I wear flat shoes, just because when I'm around the house I'm mostly barefoot anyway, and for walking around town, flat shoes are much more comfortable.

Why do shoes feel different when you get them home after buying them? mostly it's because of the time of day you buy them, for all women (and men too I would assume), your feet will swell up slightly (not necessarily noticeably) during the day, and this can affect how comfortably your new shoes will fit if you buy them in the am and then don't try them on again until the evening after a day out and about. (sorry for that knowledge, big wide feet tends to make shopping for shoes a pain, and you learn the little tricks smile.gif)
Gnappster
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 22 2006, 11:13 PM)
Gnappy IS one blink.gif

ph34r.gif
diane26
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 23 2006, 09:59 AM)
ph34r.gif

May he RIPuser posted image
diane26
QUOTE(denyse @ Feb 23 2006, 09:51 AM)
High heels force you to push the hips forward when standing/walking, so it changes the posture to something 'more attractive', hence they feel sexy.

Only way I've found to get used to wearing heels, is to just wear them each day, a bit longer each time, start out for half an hour on day one and then an hour on day two, 1.5 hours on day 3 and so on until you're comfy with the time period you want to be out and about in high heels.

5'11" here, so for the most part I wear flat shoes, just because when I'm around the house I'm mostly barefoot anyway, and for walking around town, flat shoes are much more comfortable.

Why do shoes feel different when you get them home after buying them? mostly it's because of the time of day you buy them, for all women (and men too I would assume), your feet will swell up slightly (not necessarily noticeably) during the day, and this can affect how comfortably your new shoes will fit if you buy them in the am and then don't try them on again until the evening after a day out and about. (sorry for that knowledge, big wide feet tends to make shopping for shoes a pain, and you learn the little tricks smile.gif)

Thanks for the info grinning-smiley-003.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 23 2006, 12:59 PM)
ph34r.gif

so you not only modelled ur dance on Chris Farley but also your look? And the manboobs??? tongue.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 23 2006, 10:52 PM)
so you not only modelled ur dance on Chris Farley but also your look? And the manboobs??? tongue.gif

i don't do anything halfassed, except foundation repair wink.gif
penelope
At only 5'3'' ish I LOVE heels and pretty much always wear them. It does take a bit of time to master the art, but it does get easier. One thing to remember is you can't walk in heels the way you do in flats - with heels you have to move your hips alot more (partly why men find heels sexy is what it does toour wiggles!!). Also you can't place your feet down heel to toe as in flats, basically you are walking on tiptoes! Remember these points and it will make it easier. As for the pain, which is usually across the balls of your feet, the more you wear heels the less that will become, but is a fact of wearing heels, think how much pressure your putting onj such a small area!!
Anyway, this can be eased, there are gel inserts you can buy which realy do help, but also if the shoes fit properly that makes a difference too.
Starting with wedges is definitely the best idea, but also boots with thick heels, as they give support to your ankle, which gives you back the stability you lose by wearing heels!
Well that ends my master class!!! Enjoy!

love-smiley-077.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 24 2006, 01:22 PM)
i don't do anything halfassed, except foundation repair wink.gif

I bet you're not the only foundation repair guy in town....

D'oh bang.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 24 2006, 02:51 PM)
I bet you're not the only foundation repair guy in town....
D'oh bang.gif

Troy: Now, do you hav extruded poly-vinyl foam insulation?
Homer: No
Troy: Good.
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 24 2006, 05:00 PM)
Troy:    Now, do you hav extruded poly-vinyl foam insulation?
Homer:   No
Troy:    Good.

The problem was this washer.... it'll cost you 50c
evade20
QUOTE(penelope @ Feb 24 2006, 04:02 PM)
At only 5'3'' ish I LOVE heels and pretty much always wear them. It does take a bit of time to master the art, but it does get easier. One thing to remember is you can't walk in heels the way you do in flats - with heels you have to move your hips alot more (partly why men find heels sexy is what it does toour wiggles!!). Also you can't place your feet down heel to toe as in flats, basically you are walking on tiptoes! Remember these points and it will make it easier. As for the pain, which is usually across the balls of your feet, the more you wear heels the less that will become, but is a fact of wearing heels, think how much pressure your putting onj such a small area!!
Anyway, this can be eased, there are gel inserts you can buy which realy do help, but also if the shoes fit properly that makes a difference too.
Starting with wedges is definitely the best idea, but also boots with thick heels, as they give support to your ankle, which gives you back the stability you lose by wearing heels!
Well that ends my master class!!! Enjoy!

love-smiley-077.gif

Of course, having someone massage your feet at the end of the day would help with the pain. I'm volunteering. smile.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 24 2006, 03:03 PM)
The problem was this washer.... it'll cost you 50c

Marge, get my gun.
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 27 2006, 12:05 PM)
Marge, get my gun.

you have never missed a follow up quote grinning-smiley-003.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.